David’s House is a home-away-from-home for families who have children (newborn up through the time they are released from their parent’s insurance) who are receiving care at Dartmouth Health Children’s in Lebanon, NH.
David’s House was designed specifically to look and feel as noninstitutional as possible and instead feels like a cozy house with short hallways, welcoming colors, and soft lighting. There are common areas where guests can socialize with other families, and there are quiet places in which to find peace.
“A house is made of walls and beams;
A home is built with love and dreams.”
Call (603) 643-2298 to request a room or for more information.
Summary of Rooms and Services
- 20 bedrooms that can accommodate 1 – 5 people
- All linens and towels are included in your stay
- 11 bathrooms
- Full air-conditioning and wheelchair-accessibility
- Cots, port-a-cribs, bed rails, wheelchairs, and baby monitors
- A Nursing Mothers Center
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free laundry materials and facilities
- A Resources Room (for toiletries, baby clothes, and other items).
- A playroom and an outdoor playground (weather permitting)
- Sitting areas
- Children’s books, toys, videos, board games and puzzles
- Two complete kitchens with food storage spaces for each guest room
- Breakfast and Staple food items (milk, bread, snacks), as well as meals most nights.
While most of our guests stay overnight, we also welcome day guests.
Any caregiver of a child in treatment at the Medical Center that does not have an overnight room at David’s House may use the house during the day as any other guest would. These guests can shower, do laundry, use the playground, relax with a cup of coffee – whatever they like.
The room request process for day guests is the same as for overnight guests.
David’s House serves families regardless of their race, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, or economic status, but it should be noted that because the house is often full, we cannot always accommodate an immediate need.
How Much Does It Cost?
Because of the support we receive from our community, we are able to provide support for nearly 1,000 families every year without ever charging any fees. Donations help to defray the actual cost to David’s House of providing a family with a room overnight, which is $75, but guests are never expected to contribute.
Help offset the cost of running a 20 bedroom house by donating now!
Travel and Transportation Resources
|Advance Transit Bus||802-295-1824|
|Big Yellow Taxi||603-643-8294|
|Concord Coach Lines||603-228-3300|
|Bonnies Rideshare & Delivery Service
Michelle Walker’s ride-share
(631) 694-PALS (7257)