Requesting a Room during covid-19
David’s House is open and will be operating under heightened precautions and in a reduced capacity until further notice in an attempt to protect our guests and staff. These guidelines will evolve to become more, or less, restrictive based on the most up-to-date information from the state of New Hampshire and our partners at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center and Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth.
In addition to existing policies, guests will be required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Number of guests: In an effort to limit crowd size and support social distancing practices, and in collaboration with DHMC/CHaD visitor guidelines, David’s House will only be allowing patients and up to 2 primary caregivers (parents or legal guardians only) to stay at the house. Stays will be limited to one night only in most instances.
- Symptoms & exposure: All potential guests will be asked a series of health screening questions at the time a room request is made if check-in will be within 48 hours. Guests requesting accommodations more than 48 hours in advance will be contacted 48 hours prior to arrival and asked the health screening questions. At check-in, all adult guests will be asked to complete a health screening questionnaire and attest to the truthfulness of their answers.
- Sanitation: Guests are required to wash their hands immediately upon entering the house, as well as when using the kitchen and restrooms.
- Face Masks: Masks must be worn at all times within the house, with the exception of in a guest’s bedroom or when he/she is eating. Any time a guest leaves their room, they are expected to wear a mask to help reduce the spread of virus in the event he/she is infected. We have a wide variety of cloth masks available for a new guest to choose from upon arrival.
- Social Distancing: Guests must follow social distancing best practices and remain at least six feet from staff and fellow guests. To that end, all common areas of the house are closed until further notice. This includes living rooms, playrooms, TV sitting areas, and our front parlor. Guests are asked to remain in their bedrooms unless utilizing a restroom. Eating and drinking is allowed only in the kitchen so as not to spread potential food allergens throughout the house, with a maximum of two families allowed to dine at one time (one on either side of the kitchen).
- Visitors: Only guests, staff and essential vendors are permitted in the house at this time. There are no visitors allowed.
- Shared Foods: We will be offering limited communal food products (milk, eggs, bread, etc.). Guests may still keep their own food in the kitchen in designated receptacles.
- Travel Home: Guests are not permitted to travel back and forth between David’s House and home. If guests return home, they must self-quarantine for 14 days before being eligible to stay at David’s House again.
These guidelines are intended to balance the importance of family members being present to support their children with the equally important need to decrease the spread of COVID-19 in the community. These guidelines will be reassessed and adjusted based upon the most up-to-date information and recommended best practices for limiting the spread of COVID-19.